Hi Everyone! This has been so much to participate in this bead swap and blog hop! If your not involved and want to learn more about the hop, and future hops be sure to check out Lori's Blog. This is my first time participating, and Lori has done an amazing job organizing this hop with almost 400 people involved!
It has been so much fun getting to know my swap partner Marcy. She creates the most adorable little glass pieces. She also creates pieces for Beads of Courage, and has even had some of her beads go up in the space shuttle! She is super sweet, and super talented, and I can't wait to see the final pieces she created, as well as all the other participants final pieces.
I began with the flowers, and allowed myself the first week to complete them. I had only made one flower before, and that was following a pattern from a book. So I googled flower pictures and kept them up on my computer for reference while I figured out how to create my flowers.
I had my flowers finished, and was doing great staying on my schedule. This is where the challenges began.
This is the point I was at when I realized I wasn't going to have enough of this bead mix to finish. So I had to pull out the grass, and redo my bead mix (ensuring this time I would have enough) and start over again.
It was at this point that I realized the entire bottom of the necklace was off center by about a half inch. LOL. Again, I had to remove the grass (green) remeasure, and start again.
It was at this point that I realized I needed more sky. Which meant, again, removing some of the grass so I could extend the sky. Of course, it can't be just that easy, right? I always have to learn the hard way. After removing the grass I realize that the blue beads against the green marker aren't going to match the sky I already have. SO i think I will try this white fabric paint, which was a disaster. In the end I ended up having to remove that portion of fabric, and cutting out new pieces of lacy's stiff stuff and fitting it all together like a puzzle. Of course when it's all said and done, there is just a slight height difference in the pieces, so i covered up the small bump with clouds.
SO needless to say after all of this I was way off my schedule, which is why it is now 4:30 am Saturday morning, and I have been up all night finishing my piece, and getting my blog done.
Even with all the crazy mistakes, I still really loved making this piece, and am really happy with the final piece. And, I've learned a lot of lessons for future pieces.
I can't wait to see everyone else piece!!!
So for this project these are a few highlights of some of the items I used from the many beautiful pieces Marcy made for me.
This sweet little bee on a flower is one of two options she sent me to use as a button clasp.
These are three cute and whimsical butterflies that Marcy sent me. She also sent me three super adorable bees that I will bee using in a furture project that i already have plans for.
I used the orange glass beads that she sent me as centers for these orange flowers, and the orange and yellow seed beads she sent are used as little sprouts coming up in between the leaves (they are kinda hard to see in the picture)
And here is the final piece...
Here is the list of all the participants in Lori's BSBP! ENJOY!!!